Linking School to Home
Here are some helpful ways to help link your child's learning from our classroom to your home.
- Read at home and ask questions about what was read.
- Follow directions to accomplish a task.
- Play rhyming word games, board games, puzzles, etc.
- Encourage gripping pencil correctly.
- Cut with correct scissor hold- thumbs-up!
- Review materials that are sent home and talk about their day.
- Practice phone number and address.
- Recognize shapes, colors, letters and numbers.
- Have play dates.
- Provide concrete learning experiences within the community. Bring your child along to the post office, library, and on other errands.
- Cook with your child and encourage following directions, measurement, and of course enjoy the finished product!
- Count to 100
- Encourage using words to solve problems.