Organization Day is taking a new direction this year – there will be no in-person gathering. Instead, all Organization Day forms, flyers, and other information will be available on the school website (www.qasschool.org) under the RED FOLDER tab at the bottom of the main page. Many of the forms you will be able to electronically fill out. For those that require hard copies, please download all of the necessary forms, fill them out, and return them with the appropriate payments on the first day of school. It is very important that students bring the Parent agreement on the very first day. Class lists and room assignments will once again be posted online – they will be posted sometime between August 19 and August 21. There has been quite a bit of shifting around in response to safety protocols as well as students electing remote options.
Please note our school hours: School opens at 7:55 am on Wednesday, August 26, 2020 for students in grades PK – 8 last names A – M only. On Thursday, August 27 we welcome students with last names N – Z. On Friday, all students will be present. Dismissal on August 26 - 28 will be at 11:45 am. Regular full-day sessions begin on Monday, August 31. Remember: our regular dismissal time for Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays is 3:10 pm. On Tuesdays, we dismiss at 2:10. The Extended Day Program (EDP) begins on Monday, August 31.
Remote learners: Material pick-up on Thursday, August 27. Drive-up in front of appropriate building 12:30 – 12:45 A –K; 12:45 – 1:00 L – P; 1:00 – 1:15 Q – Z Please place a sign in rear passenger-side window with your last name. Grades 5 and 6 signed Chromebook policy and $285 check must be presented at pick-up of device. Grades 7 and 8 signed Chromebook policy must be presented in order to borrow a device. Please note that on Friday, August 28, in the afternoon teachers will conduct a virtual orientation.
Non-uniform days have been designated for August 26 - 28th. Students in K through 8 are to be in flexible (gym or formal) uniform beginning Monday, August 31. Please refer to the Parent/Student Handbook posted on the school website for Uniform Dress Code regulations. Uniforms may be purchased from our uniform company—Dennis Uniforms at their location: 7055 W. Higgins, Chicago, IL 60656; (708) 669-7944. Gym uniforms are purchased through Cleo (ordering info located on the school webpage).
Important reminders for the first day of school and every day thereafter:
- Take your child’s temperature before leaving the house. If he or she has a temperature, do NOT send the child to school.
- Send your child to school with a full water bottle.
- Parents are encouraged to drop their children off using the approved drop-off zones (see red folder); the safety of all of our children is paramount in following these procedures. Students should be wearing their masks.
- If walking your children to school, please accompany them to their lines and then depart. DO NOT WAIT around in order to limit exposure. Take those first day pictures in front of your house, please.
- Anyone on school property MUST wear a mask.
Please note that all Handbooks and the official School Calendar are only available electronically on the school website along with all the Organization Day forms. The website will also enable you to visit teacher pages/blogs to collect daily classroom information and homework; please be patient as new teachers learn how to upload to the website.
Please note the following items of school business:
- POLICY REGARDING REPORTING OF STUDENT ABSENCE: Parent(s) are to notify the school before 8:30 am to report their child’s absence. Any positive COVID result must be reported to the school immediately.
- If during the course of the year, personal situations arise at home which might influence your child’s educational progress (e.g., Illness, separation, divorce), please do not hesitate to convey this information to me or to your child’s teacher. Anything you share with us will, of course, be regarded as confidential. This knowledge, however, could be very helpful in our everyday interactions with your child.
Yearly theme: This year, along with many other Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Chicago, our theme is “We are Called.” Exploring this theme at home and in the classroom provides an opportunity to remind ourselves – and especially our students – that we are invited and called “to act with justice, to love tenderly, to serve one another…to walk humbly with God.”